Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Want To Use A Photo? Take It!


Deere In Flashlights

Need a photo for a blog post? Or an article? Or whatever? If one of my photos fits your purposes, take it! I have all photos in my Flickr photostream marked with a Creative Commons license. What that means is that if you want to use one of my photos, you're free to do so. You owe me nothing other than to put my name next to the photo. Of course I would love to get a quick email letting me know that you used a photo, just so I can check it out. But it's not required.

To get different sizes of a photo on Flickr, go to the photo page. Then click the button labeled "All Sizes" above the photo. You'll find the HTML code for each size on that page.

So, need a photo? Take it!

1 comment:

Irene said...

Hi! I just recently found your blog. I am an aspiring photographer and I find your photos amazing and inspiring!

I also found this post very interesting. I have read so about so many others who cover their photos with huge watermarks, include stern warnings about NOT using their photos and refuse to enable the "all sizes" on Flickr for fear of a photo being used.

I have opted for the less fearful option (and I am not sure who would want my photos anyway). I never use watermarks, I never include warnings and I allow "all sizes".

In my limited experience, it also seems that often the less talented photographer is the one most fearful. Can you give me some more information on why you choose to encourage your photos to be used, even without your permission?

Thanks so much!